Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Must live or be willing to relocate to within a one hour radius of MB Haynes Corporation's main office in Asheville, NC and must be an experienced 1st or 2nd Class Lineman. Repairs and replaces transmission and distribution power lines between generating stations, substations, and consumers. This requires the use of precautionary work methods and safety equipment due to electrical hazards present when working on or near energized conductors and electrical accessories. Opens switches or clamps grounding device to energized equipment to de-energize lines or accessories as directed by Line Supervisor. Climbs poles or rides in bucket attached to truck-mounted boom to remove broken or defective wires. Secures new wire to cross arm insulators and splices wire to adjoining sections of line to complete circuit. Transfers wires from defective poles to poles erected by Ground Helpers. Installs pole hardware and auxiliary equipment such as transformers, lightening arrester's, switches, fuses, and insulators using hand-tools. Suspends insulated ladders and platforms from pole cross arm and cover energized lines with rubber mats to facilitate safe handling of high voltage lines without interrupting service by power shutoff, and uses long insulated poles (hot sticks) fitted with mechanical or hydraulically operated grasping and crimping tools. May service streetlight systems and patrol power lines, along with other duties as assigned.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class A commercial driver license (CDL).
- Experience with maximum voltage power line repair such as 120-240 volt secondary circuits, 23,000-35,000 volt distribution lines or 138 kilowatt transmission lines.
- Experience in repair of energized lines or de-energized conductors suspended from electronically conductive metal towers, commonly 100 ft or more above ground.
- Must live within 1 hour of Haynes Electric Utility Corporation's main office or must be willing to relocate to Western North Carolina.
- 1st Class and/or 2nd Class Journeyman Lineman certificate or proof of successful completion of a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship preferred but not required.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers and the public.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB Haynes Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese