Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
The Underground Distribution Foreman is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical underground distribution systems.
Typical duties will include providing direct supervision and technical guidance to Overhead and Underground Line Techs, Groundman and Apprentices. Performing maintenance and construction activities on underground distribution systems. Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization. Communicate and enforce all safety regulations. Manage supplies, materials and equipment. Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for distribution line projects. Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work. Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required. Understand and follow detailed construction schedules and other duties at required.
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Must pass criminal background check and Pre-employment drug screening.
- Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program or certificate of craft for Power Line Technical is required.
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred.
- Must have experience with underground distribution line construction.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work.
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home.
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required.
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese