Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Drives trucks to and from site, unload structural members of tower and electrical hardware from trucks. Assists electrical workers in installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical power generation and distribution equipment, underground cables, and related facilities. Places barricades around open manholes and excavations, and below crew members working overhead to protect public and workers from injury. Dig trenches, place shoring, and lower tools along with materials to workers in excavations and vaults. Position reels of electric cable along side trench or manhole, and guides cable as it is pulled into ducts to prevent damage to lead sheath. Breaks up concrete to facilitate installation or repair of equipment with the use of an air hammer. Rig scaffolds and hoists, and helps move heavy machine parts to assist in assembly and repair of generators, converters, switchgear and related equipment at generating station or substation, as directed. May trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way. Inspect and operate trenchers, backhoes, trackhoes, plows, line trucks, bucket trucks, bobcat loaders, etc. Transport equipment to & from job sites safely and other duties as assigned.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Valid Class A or B CDL license or permit and current valid DOT physical.
- Must be at least 18 year's of age.
- Safe driving record.
- Good knowledge and experience operating in a safe way equipment used in construction.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers, and the public.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all types of hand tools.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese