Equipment Operator and Heavy Equipment Operator (UtiliCon)
Utility Lines Construction Services is accepting applications for experienced Heavy Equipment Operators and Equipment Operators. We offer excellent opportunity for career-minded individuals that want to be a part of our team. Our focus and goal is to provide a safe work environment for all our employees to perform quality work with our many clients.
We prefer for all of our Equipment Operators have a valid CDL. Heavy Equipment Operators must have a valid CDL License. Applicants possessing an NCCCO certification are preferred. Compensation is based upon experience.
- Operate equipment (crane operations, boom trucks, caisson drill, backhoe, trencher, excavator, digger derrick, knuckle boom, skid steer, bull dozer, and other various types of equipment.)
- Operator small motorized equipment (chain saw, jackhammer, etc.)
- Machines, tools, equipment and work aides used include chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
- Follows safety guidelines as part of training.
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines (backhoe, trencher, mini excavator, digger derricks, knuckle boom, jackhammers, and other equipment)
- Employee can be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stringing insects. Working hours may extend into night and may exceed an eight hour day.
- May flag traffic and may be required to have training.
- Other duties as assigned relating to utility line work.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Operators must be experienced in crane operations, boom trucks, caisson drill, backhoe, trencher, excavator, digger derrick, knuckle boom, skid steer, bull dozer, and other various types of equipment.
- Must be able to operate the various tools for the work (various manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, come a long and hand line etc.)
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must pass a background check
- Current CDL preferred or willingness to receive valid CDL within 90 days of employment
- Driving: Continuously
- Climbing On/Off Equipment: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Carrying: Occasionally – 1-50 lbs.
- Lifting: Frequently – 1-50 lbs.
- Standing: Continuously
- Stooping: Rarely
- Crawling: None
- Pushing: None
- Kneeling: None
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Squatting: Rarely
- Body Twisting: Occasionally
- Sense of Touch: Occasionally
- Manual Dexterity: Frequently
- Speaking Clearly: Continuously
- Seeing: Continuously
- Reading: Rarely
- Reaching: Rarely
- Range of Motion: Occasionally
- Hearing – Speech Range: Continuously
- Depth Perception: Frequently
- Color Vision: Continuously
- Gripping: Frequently
- Carrying: Frequently
- Pushing: Rarely
- Climbing Ladders: Rarely
- Climbing Stairs: Rarely
- Balancing: Rarely
Meaning of Terms:
- Rarely = less than 10%
- Occasionally = up to 33%
- Frequently = up to 66%
- Continuously = from 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: