At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Plumbing 3rd - 4th Yr. Apprentice
The Plumbing Apprentice position allows you to learn the skills required of the commercial plumbing and mechanical trade while working in a full-time paid employment position with on-the-job training from experienced plumbing journeyman as well as company-provide apprenticeship classes one afternoon every 2 weeks.
The Plumbing Apprentice assists in the assembly, installation and repair of plumbing, water flow and drainage systems in accordance with applicable plumbing codes. The Plumbing Apprentice is also responsible for delivering high quality work & productivity and is expected to go through the apprenticeship training program to become a skilled Journeyman plumber. A 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice would have some plumbing experience already, and would complete the remainder of their apprenticeship training through our program.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong communication and average computer skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Ability to follow orders and directions.
- Maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you will perform work in.
- Travel to job sites and locations as needed in multiple states.
- Above average problem solving skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required at all times.
- Works with various types of piping including iron, steel, copper and pvc.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required in a safe manner.
- Makes decisions and solves problems analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a continuous basis and more than 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Attend plumbing apprentice classes if the required courses have not previously been completed. (Classes provided by Midwestern Mechanical)
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years plumbing apprentice or pipe fitting experience.
Plumbers work in residential, commercial, industrial and public settings in both indoor and outdoor job sites which would include exposure to all elements of weather including cold, heat, wind, rain and snow.
This position also includes exposure to areas off of the ground requiring the team member to work in a safe manner. The team member will also be exposed to loud noises where hearing protection is necessary and provided.
Physical Requirements: The job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Fine finger dexterity and hand & arm strength with the ability to grip and hold objects with both hands.
- Ability to lift and operate power tools to include in an overhead position.
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (e.g. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting) and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able to work assigned schedule as required by job demands.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Job bonuses
- Company-provided apprenticeship program
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.