AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Livonia, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes three wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer General Engine Products, automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products, and Mobility Ventures, designer and manufacturer of the acclaimed MV-1, the only American made vehicle specifically engineered from the ground up in support of wheelchair users and people with disabilities. AM General is also proud to have been selected by Mercedes-Benz to be its only contract manufacturer in the United States, producing the R-Class vehicle in Mishawaka, Ind.
AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
- Work as a team member whose main focus is to continually improve departmental metrics
- Supervise the activities of indirect material handling hourly employees in the performance of their jobs
- Act as a leader whose initiative and drive unites the hourly employees toward achieving department goals
- Monitor potential and current “hot” shortages and take action to eliminate downtime caused by these shortages
- Continually monitor safety issues and propose solutions to eliminate potential hazards
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with employees and other departments
- Communicate with planners and other supervisors to ensure material is located in our facility when required for use
- Ensure the line counts and reporting of shortages are accurate and timely; organize container management
- Monitor future build requirements and ensure that material is moved to the production line in a timely manner
- Train hourly employees in the functions of their job
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience; lean environment preferred.
- Prior experience with SAP a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products, (Excel and Word).
- Strong organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbal.
- Prior experience working in a UAW environment a plus.
Medium- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, walking, crawling, squatting or sitting in a confined position
Extreme working conditions: Moderate level of heat, noise, fumes, and cold
This position also requires one to work as a team in an inside work area while maintaining a regular work schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English