We are looking to fill a part-time (PT) Marketing Specialist position to maintain intimate knowledge about competitors, target companies, business relationships and overall market/industries news through daily research. This position will also work within the internal database to update profiles, companies, and import new contact information. It will build call lists and projects to support sales efforts (through several methods.
This position will require:
- Good working knowledge of PC/Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet experience to conduct marketing research on target markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the internet (including search engines, boolean searches, professional networking - LinkedIn articles, professional associations, industry news depots).
- Knowledge of water industry is a plus.
- Prefer experience in business-to-business marketing or sales environment.
- Experience with desktop software and mechanics.
Preferred Requirements for this position are:
- BS Degree in Public Relations, Marketing/Strategic Communications, or Marketing or related degree preferred or a candidate in process of a marketing or related degree.
- Strong in MS Office products
- Strong internet research skills
This position is part-time and could allow for a flexible work schedule between the hours of 7:45 and 4:30 pm Monday - Friday – and could be set up to work from home, but we do need the candidate to be located in the Kansas City area. This does require some onsite office time at our facility in Lenexa, KS.
For 70 years, Smith & Loveless has cutting-edge environmental engineering ingenuity and quality craftsmanship to the water industry by pioneering superior pre-engineered pumping, treatment and headworks systems. Smith & Loveless' pre-engineered water and wastewater treatment and pumping systems have paved the way for municipalities, developments, industry, governmental, and military facilities. Smith & Loveless' energy-efficient and durable systems deliver unrivaled life-cycle cost savings.
A true pioneer in the water and wastewater pumping industry, Smith & Loveless manufactures cost-effective, operator safe and efficient pump stations for municipal and industrial applications across the globe. Smith & Loveless maintains market leadership in lift station design and manufacturing, grit removal systems for municipal headworks and industrial process streams, and a complete range of wastewater treatment systems. With tens of thousands of installations in more than 70 nations on all seven continents, our innovative wastewater/reuse engineered products are Above All Others™.
Smith & Loveless is located within an easy driving distance from anywhere in the metro. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.