- Reading, PA 19605
- Ephrata, PA 17522
- Kutztown, PA 19530
Russell Standard is a leading provider of paving materials and services for the road construction industry. With a highly trained and dedicated team, we meet our customers’ ever-changing needs and enable them to build a better infrastructure in their communities.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to join our team in Reading, PA!
POSITION PURPOSE: Perform all plant duties as assigned by Plant Manager, including loading trucks, running the mill and day-to-day operational functions of an asphalt emulsion plant. Our goal is to ensure that quality products are delivered on time and within specifications to all of our customers. Provides effective leadership to all plant personnel and ensures that all Corporate and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with quality control documentation (i.e. lab results) and all local, state and federal government agency regulations.
- Determines schedules, materials quantities, and coordinates assigned work.
- Coordinates dispatching of appropriate incoming and outgoing trucks to ensure on-time delivery of quality product.
- Plans and oversees all maintenance projects, repairs and on-site contractors.
- Promotes a culture of safety by ensuring that all required personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn by all personnel, including subcontractors, customers, and visitors.
- Ensures the “Contractor Safe Work Permit” documentation is completed and proper procedures are followed.
- Monitors health and safety compliance to meet plant safety program requirements and set-up weekly “Toolbox Talks” safety meetings.
- Communicates and reports all incidents according to corporate policy; completed all necessary environmental requirements.
- Conducts inventory management activities, including supply vs. demand, production schedule, consistent quality, etc.
- Assists in the implementation of plant design and equipment.
- Ensures end-of-day processes are complete and MS tickets are faxed/emailed per corporate policy.
- Works to achieve annual budget targets and control plant costs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, required. (Additional education in business, engineering, trades, or related discipline, highly preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar industry, required.
- Minimum of 3 years in management and/or leadership position, required.
- Basic understanding of chemical and mechanical engineering required.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory function required.
- Excellent communications and public relations skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends and innovations.
- Mechanically inclined (general, plumbing, and electrical).
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Must be willing to assist others and promote a team environment.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 and work a flexible schedule as business demands.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability, and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunities
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Travel: Occasional travel required
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
Perform sedentary work, which can include sitting a majority of the time, yet occasionally needing to lift heavy objects and adjust the pressure on large valves and other mechanical work requiring heavy physical exertion. Work setting is a mixture of office and production plant environments and may involve potentially hazardous conditions within the plant and chemical usage and exposure to chemicals, fumes, dust, odors, gases and other substances used in a construction environment. Must have the ability to see, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity. Operate standard office equipment including a computer, copier, fax, phone and other similar office equipment.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English