GEL GEOPHYSICS, LLC
has an opening for a
UTILITY LOCATING FIELD TECHNICIAN
Why Join our Team?
• Career path options in a rapidly growing, dynamic company
• Exposure to a wide range of market sectors, clients and technologies
• Stimulating work environment with a highly experienced and skilled team
• We have fun while working hard!
GEL Engineering of NC, Inc. (GEL) is a niche professional services firm providing Surveying, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and Geophysical services to clients throughout the southeastern United States. We are seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to support our SUE (utility locating) department in our Asheville, NC office. The successful candidates will join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resources sectors.
Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL Engineering of NC, Inc. – Utility Locating Technicians - Asheville, NC
GEL has a position open for a SUE / utility locating technician in our Asheville, NC office. This position has very high growth potential and is ideally suited for motivated individuals who enjoy working within a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The primary responsibilities include marking and mapping utilities for transportation corridors for departments of transportation; commercial and industrial facilities; government facilities including military bases; medical or educational facilities and others. Field work and travel is required
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support utility locating and survey crews and provide quality control for all work products
- Perform and document field work for utility locating and survey projects
- Effectively operate radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators and ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems for designating subsurface utilities
- Effectively operate and maintain air-vacuum excavation truck and related system components such as a jackhammer, tamper, concrete saw and hand tools for pot-holing subsurface utilities
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Associates Degree or Equivalent (preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED with existing utility locating experience
- Working experience with radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators equipment a plus
- Computer skills (Microsoft Excel and Word, and CADD software) a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical strength and endurance to perform field work
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Possess high ethical standards and the Core Values of the GEL Group
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English