East Brunswick Plastic Drum Facility
MAUSER USA LLC has an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager at its plastic drum production facility in East Brunswick, NJ. Mauser is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. MAUSER is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for hard working and successful individuals can be significant.
The Maintenance Supervisor position is an ideal opportunity for a hands-on maintenance professional that is looking to grow their career by being a part of an operation where they can have significant impact on a successful plant within a global manufacturing organization.
The Maintenance Supervisor will work alongside an electrical and mechanical maintenance team to efficiently service production machinery, and plant engineering projects. Duties include responsibility for electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. This is a first shift operation and the hours are approximately 7am to 5pm.
The technical functions include the repair of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, as well as continuous improvement and project budgetary considerations. The ability to program and modify PLCs is a plus.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of 5 workers engaged in the maintenance, electrical, mechanical operations. Hydraulics is especially important
- Act as technical lead in troubleshooting and upgrades of equipment and processes.
- Design, program, analyze and repair electrical drives and control units including motor controls and electrical protection.
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure the standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- BS Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar field preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years in a supervisory or lead position in a manufacturing facility
- Strong hands-on leadership skills and the ability to accept feedback to improve
- Experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on production machines
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics is essential
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of spare parts inventory and purchasing
- Must be able to read and understand machine schematics/ blue prints
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with hourly production personnel
- Good understanding and demonstration of supervisory skills
- Familiarity with lean concepts and tools is a plus
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- Bi-lingual skills (English & Spanish) a plus
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform certain duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The MAUSER Group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers (“IBCs”) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. MAUSER’s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The MAUSER Group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. Mauser North America is the largest business unit of the global organization.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.